Habitat for Humanity of Wake County
We have always prioritized safety at Habitat Wake, and this is true now more than ever. Volunteers who are not complying with our safety protocols will be asked to leave.
- No one should come to site if they display any symptoms related to COVID-19 in the last 24-48 hours; including, but not limited to cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, sore throat, body aches, chills, muscle pain, headaches, new loss of taste or smell or fever.
- We are only accepting volunteers who are 18 or older.
- Volunteers should bring a mask to site and wear while they are indoors (outdoor mask wearing is optional as long as proper social distancing measures are being taken).
- Volunteers who are invited back to site MUST register so that we can control the flow of people and know how many volunteers are working on each home. Please do not show up to site without registering.
- To insure proper social distancing, shift and slot availability will be limited.
- Staff will issue tools to each person on site to avoid sharing, and all tools will be sanitized after use. Force of Habitat may bring their own tools and PPE.
- There will be no shared water coolers or lunches. Individual water bottles will be provided on each site.
- Volunteers over the age of 65 or with pre-existing conditions are encouraged not to volunteer.
- There will be hand washing and sanitizing stations at each worksite.
Motivated by the belief that each of us is called to "act justly, love mercy and walk humbly with our God," Habitat Wake seeks to be a partner and catalyst in building communities where everyone has the opportunity to thrive. When the community comes together to address the urgent need for adequate, affordable housing, we all become less vulnerable and more resilient. Habitat Wake practices a philosophy of "a hand up, not a handout" and builds on existing community assets: financial, physical, natural, human, social and spiritual.
Volunteer Opportunities include:
- Working in Construction
- Working in the ReStore
- Being a Part of the Fundraising Community
- Being a Part of the Special Events Committee
- Working in the Office at the Front Desk
Volunteers have to be at least 16 years old and fully vaccinated.