Keep Durham Beautiful
- Face masks/coverings will be required for participants at all events.
- Shared supplies will be sanitized before and after every use using Halt Disinfectant
- Product, a hospital grade disinfectant proven to be effective.
- Hand-sanitizer, wipes, and disinfectant spray will be provided at all events.
- All City of Durham and State of North Carolina requirements for gathering size and personal protection will be followed at all events.
- All event participants will be asked to remain 6ft apart from others, unless they are part of the same household.
- All volunteers will be screened with City of Durham COVID screening questions when arriving at an event
- Participants unwilling to comply with these guidelines will not be allowed to participate in KDB events and will be asked to leave.
- Preregistration for events will be strongly encouraged to help manage gathering sizes effectively.
- Volunteer Waiver and Photo Release will be signed during preregistration.
- Volunteers will be required to sign an agreement that all event participants will disclose a COVID-19 diagnosis that occurs within 14 days of attending a KDB event. If a diagnosis is reported, KDB staff with notify all event participants of the possible exposure while maintaining the anonymity of the volunteer.
- Event sign-in will be done in a socially distant and contact free manner by clearly marking 6ft apart zones for lining up and using a QR code for virtual sign-in.
- All volunteers will be encouraged to bring their own tools and gloves if possible .
- For KDB shared supplies, gloves, vests, and tools will be laid out in individual sets before volunteers arrive to allow for "no contact" distribution.
- Volunteers and participants will be asked to bring their own water bottle to events.
- Shared water and snacks will not be provided during events except for in the case of an emergency.
We are driven and motivated by the dream that all residents feel a sense of belonging in Durham and a desire to be stewards of its environment. While it is daunting to try to solve the issues challenging our environment alone, we are here to make it easier. An affiliate of Keep America Beautiful, Keep Durham Beautiful is a nonprofit working in partnership with the City of Durham's General Services Department and Durham County to help residents take action through volunteer opportunities, tool lending, educational programs, resource coordination, and more. All of these activities center around our three focus areas.
Volunteer Opportunities include:
- Litter Prevention
- Recycling & Waste Reduction
- Beautification & Community Greening
- Grant Writing
- Data Management
- Graphic Design
- Web Design
- Marketing and Outreach
- Event Support
- English to Spanish Translation
Volunteers must be 12-16 years old depending on danger level; if the kid is under 5 years old, the parent ratio must be at least one adult per two kids.